Wednesday, May 19, 2010

MG Zeta Ver. 2.0 Part 1

Starting MG The O ...

...'s enemy ^^

In before the boss is released, his arch-nemesis would have to be ready. ^^ And so, the next Gunpla I'll be working on is this one: MG Zeta Gundam Ver. 2.0.





To say that I only build it because MG The O is coming would be quite an understatement to this kit. I bought it almost a year ago (maybe longer than that), and of course I could only dream about MG The O back then.

And yeah, I'm pretty good at keeping stuff. XD

By today's standard, this 2005 release would be quite an old kit already. As a matter of fact, this is one of the earliest Ver. 2.0 MG I believe. The trilogy of "Gundam Zeta" was going on at that time, so MG Zeta Gundam Ver. 2.0 is most definitely the most significant release for that "occasion". However, apart from the commercial reason, the design of this kit is really awesome in my opinion. A Ver. 2.0 for Zeta is absolutely in place, since the first MG Zeta was released like a decade ago back then. Gundam Mk. II got a Ver. 2.0 upgrade, Zeta Gundam was inevitable at best when it comes to that upgrade.

The design of MG Zeta Gundam Ver. 2.0 was a great shock to me when I learned of its announcement. I always thought that it was going to be an incorporation of MG Z Plus's transformation gimmick with Zeta Gundam's parts before its release (something like MG Gundam RX-78-2 Ver. OYW, which inherited Ver. 1.5's inner frame for the leg). I was really impressed (and still am today) by the design and listed this as a must-buy. The design points include tighter and more secure transformation sequence, more details for the inner frame, better articulation design, and much stronger as well (holding the Hyper Mega Launcher is not a problem, something Ver. 1.0 is unable to achieve), plus a display base that can combine with that from MG Gundam Mk. II Ver. 2.0. I didn't really need MG The O to confirm on the purchase for this really. ^^


Runner for parts of the Wing Binders almost as large as the box.


Large runner for the wings as mentioned, the display base and runners for its other parts.


Plenty of double runner with parts for symmetrical components of the model.
Zeta Gundam is perfectly symmetric in its design before the beam rifle and shield are mounted.


A few 1/100 figures included. One of them is Emma Sheen in Normal Suit I believe. ^^


Most armor parts have details behind them.


Yellow parts, belonging to the minority color for this kit ^^ and the polycap set labeled as "K" - developed only for this kit and its variation I believe.


The decal, clear sticker and foil sticker.



An older kit it is, so I don't expect it to feature those really mind-blowing intricate details like Destiny Gundam or F91. Hopefully the work would be smooth this time. ^^

5 comments:

L said...

NK, it IS the first ver. 2.0 kit lol.

L said...

Wait, totally forgot Mk.II, my mistake.

Chris said...

Your intro words would have been effective if I was reading the sub-header first, but I actually read "'s enemy" before realizing it's a continuation from above. ^^;

Anonymous said...

hey NK,how come there's a "Limited Premium" sign at the bottom left of the box?i dun think every zeta 2.0 has that sign,right?

Hot Shot said...

To Anonymous: My Zeta had that and it came with a blue "part separator".

And just a heads up to NK: After you finish, take extra caution when collapsing the wings from waverider to MS mode. The red bar connecting the two sections of each wing can fold in wrong and snap the clip.