Monday, March 19, 2012

MG Gundam AGE-1 Normal & Others Get

The mysterious case of 1/48 Sinanju Head Display Base

Quite a few Gunpla-related goodies just arrived recently. ^^


MG Duel Gundam Assault Shroud, MG Gundam AGE-1 Normal and HG 1/144 Genoace Custom ^^

Another item that came in which I didn't take a picture of is Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color (Black).

MG Duel Gundam Assault Shroud is a sure-buy for me the moment it was announced - it's my favorite out of the five Gundams from the GAT-X series in "Gundam SEED". I like the 1/100 scale version a lot, but I recognized that it's quite a dated Gunpla design by today's standard. Still, I was quite content with that kit as I didn't really expect it to receive a Master Grade treatment, or any of the other GAT-X MSs in that sense, ^^; but the "Gundam SEED" HD Remaster project has different plans for all of them it seems, ^^ which is definitely welcomed on my book, even though Duel Gundam is the only one I really care about. ^^;

MG Gundam AGE-1 Normal is a surprisingly refreshing addition to this Gunpla line in my opinion. The part design and assembly is somewhat close to the 1/100 scale line, but the overall details and articulation are still consistent with other MG releases. It seems like a really fun kit to build. ^^ As with the design of HG 1/144 Genoace Custom shown above, the recent work on Advanced Grade 1/144 Gundam AGE-1 Normal showed me the creativity of Gunpla design given to the relatively simple-looking Gundam AGE-1 Normal, and this MG kit might very much be another case of that. ^^ I think I'm going to be working on it very soon. ^^


Two different MG kits released in the same month with almost the exact same action pose XD.

Panel Line Accent Color (Black) as a new painting tool from Tamiya was already on display at the 50th Shizuoka Hobby Show held at Twin Messe Shizuoka Exhibition Hall in early May last year. Tamiya's product info page for this new paint said that they are "designed for applying panel lining and are pre-mixed with thinner at the appropriate ratio to allow easy application via a brush in the bottle's cap.". The demo video from the 50th Shizuoka Hobby Show shows exactly that as well.


Video clip is from Youtube. Follow this link to the website if you can't see anything.

Seems like the perfect tool for the next level of laziness convenience in applying panel lines on model kits to me. XD A must-try I say. ^^

Still, of all the purchases in this batch of order, this one has to be center of the limelight: ^^


1/48 scale Sinanju Head Display Base.

Supposedly a limited prize item bundled with Gundam Ace January 2011 issue (already released in November 2010), the "limited" tag seems to mean nothing anymore, ^^; just like the 1/48 scale Unicorn Gundam Head Display Base and Japanese cinema limited HGUC Unicorn Gundam and Sinanju in my collection.


A huge base featuring Sinanju's chest segment. ^^


(Left) The indication of this model kit being a limited prize item for Gundam Ace January 2011 issue.
(Right) "Bandai 2010 Made in Japan" ^^

Also, it's the Red Comet's MS, so getting three is well in place. ^^

No comments: