Thursday, March 21, 2013

Random (56)

Slowpoke discovery

As "StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm" just came out recently, it's nice to see the rebel hero Jim Raynor back in action again, albeit much limited this time since the focus of the story shifts to the Queen of Blades. A super slowpoke I am for this, but I just found out that Jim Raynor is voiced by the same voice artist - Robert Clotworthy who is the narrator for a History Channel's ongoing TV documentary series called "Ancient Aliens", which I like very much. ^^


Image is from Blizzard.

When I played the first chapter of "StarCraft II", I haven't discovered the "Ancient Aliens" TV series yet. However, when I started watching that show some time last year, not once was I able to connect Robert Clotworthy's newsreader-like narration with his performance as Jim Raynor. Finding that out just recently is quite a pleasant surprise for myself. ^^


Interview with Robert Clotworthy about his role as Jim Raynor.
Video clip is from Youtube. Follow this link to the website if you can't see anything.


First part of the pilot episode of "Ancient Aliens", with Robert Clotworthy's narration right from jump.
Video clip is from Youtube. Follow this link to the website if you can't see anything.

Now, with this slowpoke discovery, I'll never be able to watch/re-watch the "Ancient Aliens" series without that "StarCraft II" connection, and the tingling awkwardness is going to be extremely funny. ^^

"Is there really some extraterrestrial intelligent lifeforms out there in another galaxy? ...

... Sure there is, I killed a whole bunch of nasty ones myself, and my girlfriend's their queen." XD

1 comment:

Q said...

I haven't heard of Robert Clotworthy's voicework outside his role of Jim Raynor before, but it's interesting to hear it now on the excerpt of Ancient Aliens (the notion of technology being introduced prior to what we are capable now reminds me of Assassin's Creed in a way :o).

But I too got to admit that I have great difficulty not to imagine it's Jim Raynor narrating the documentary in the video! XD