Thursday, April 18, 2013

Nendoroid Rinko Kobayakawa Part 1

Cutie of the month

It has been quite a while since the last review on a Nendoroid figure (excluding Haruhi Summer Festival Set which is technically from the Petit series), so here's one to close the gap, for now. ^^


This is Rinko Kobayakawa from Konami's 2009 dating simulation game "LovePlus", in Nendoroid format obviously. ^^

My story behind getting this Nendoroid figure is not too indifferent from some of the other moe-type collectibles obtained in the past. I have neither a Nintendo DS to play the dating sim, nor the intention of actually getting one for any purpose at all, so the liking towards this "LovePlus" character is purely due to her merchandises. ^^ On that note, knowing the characters from their merchandises and not their story is quite normal for me. Some of the model kits and action figures in my collection were purchased because I like the design of their merchandises, long before I know where they came from or the roles they played in their stories.

The figure was released in September 2010, and I was aware of her through reading reviews and seeing her pictures on hobby stores' websites since then. However, it wasn't until some time last year when I decided to get her myself. ^^ Even though that lateness in making my purchase decision is a very common trait of my "shopping behavior" (XD), unlike many other moe characters whom I like, I find myself only liking Rinko in this deformed Nendoroid format and not her Figma or fixed figurine versions. ^^ Because of the two companies' close continuous collaboration, you can always find a Figma action figure version from Max Factory for a particular Nendoroid release. Rinko is no exception of that "complementary merchandising" practice ^^ - her Figma version came out in October 2011. For me, if I like a particular character very much, I'll usually go for both Figma and Nendoroid versions. Miyuki from "Lucky Star", Hatsune Miku Append Ver., Ritsu from "K-On!", Kurisu Makise from "Steins;Gate", Kuroneko from "Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai" and the more recent Leonmitchelli Galette des Rois from "Dog Days" are example of that. For Rinko however, I only like her Nendoroid design. ^^

The exact reason for that liking and preference? I'm not very sure myself. ^^;

I suppose it's somewhat like my sentiment towards Kurisu in Nendoroid format. The figure has emotionless expressions for her face parts - even her blushing expression seems like the default with just a little bit of changes. Yet, the blank expression design seems amazingly appealing to me. ^^ I definitely feel the same about Rinko. Coupled with her rather plain-looking school uniform, Rinko's equally plain expression makes her seem like a pretty unique Nendoroid figure. ^^ Some of the other goodies like having a total of four face parts and using magnet to attach the earphones to the figure's head are also interesting, but that hard-to-explain appeal of Rinko in this Nendoroid format was the reason I made the purchase in the first place. ^^










The figures and most of her accessories can be seen through the front window of the box.





Images on all sides of the box.



Introduction of the figure on the back of the box.


Box open.


Front view of the content.


With the tray cover removed.







A look at the figure and all her accessories on the tray.


Rear view of the content.





Closeups on the details.



A powder blue backdrop for Rinko.



Straight-out-of-box Nendoroid Rinko.
She won't be able to stand at all without the display base support. ^^;


Three parts for the standard Nendoroid display base.


Copyright information printed on the display base.


The completed base. ^^



Supported using the display base, Rinko can now be shown in a standing pose. ^^

That plain standing pose is not just the standard but the most "suitable" pose to match Rinko's emotionless expression I think. ^^;

More images of Rinko and all the accessories included coming in the next posting. ^^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gracias por el post, me ayudaste a tomar la decisiĆ³n de comprarla <3