Monday, March 3, 2014

Nendoroid Kirino Kousaka Part 1

My Nendoroid can't be this old

Another cutie appearing on the blog after RAH DX Lunamaria Hawke. ^^


And this is a guaranteed cutie, not just for its product series, but because of the anime series the character originates from. ^^

Released in June 2011, this is Nendoroid Kirino Kousaka from Good Smile Company. For those who don't know who she is, Kirino is the main character, Kyosuke Kosaka's younger sister in "Ore no Imoto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai" (俺の妹がこんなに可愛いわけがない - My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute). For the record, I only watched a couple of episodes from the first season, most which I just jumped between scenes. ^^; I enjoyed some of the humorous scenes, but I'm afraid I've grown too old to be able to sit through all the teen drama and excessive show of moe now. ^^; For as little of the show as I've seen, Kirino is a really unlikable character for me. ^^; She's arrogant, noisy, rude, and pretentious. Perhaps those qualities, coupled with her being an eroge game and anime otaku are the moe appeals of Kirino, but I can't find any of the appeals at all, especially after seeing how "well" she abuses her older brother in the show. ^^;




Despite not liking her, I do like the Nendoroid design of Kirino. That option expression part showing her in total obsession over something is almost the single reason I need to grab this figure. XD I probably wore that expression a couple of times when I looked at some of the stuff I have in my collection. XD

Of all the female characters who interacted with Kyosuke, I like Kuroneko, and Manami Tamura more. ^^ Manami is the most normal one among the girls I think, but she does have a very cute side to her, and a very cute voice too. ^^ Unfortunately for her, since her role in the show isn't as heavy as Kirino, or even Kuroneko, there's no Nendoroid or Figma figure for Manami. ^^ As for Kuroneko, since I do have her in those two merchandise formats, I will reserve my comment about the character until I do my reviews on those figures. ^^

On the other hand, the item number of 142 for Kirino means that she is more than 200 items behind the latest releases in the series. ^^ I actually have Nendoroids that are older than Kirino that I have yet to review, but I do find the accelerated speed of Good Smile Company in reaching the extraordinary landmark of over 200 releases in the Nendoroid line, especially in the past three years to be really amazing. As I'm writing this, the preparation for Nendoroid 400 has already began I believe. ^^


The merchandising seal of ASCII Media Works, the publishing company that produces the entire Oreimo franchise.


"隠れオタク妹系アクションフィギュア!" (Hidden otaku sister-based action figure!) ^^









The figures and most of her accessories can be seen through the front window of the box.





Images on all sides of the box.



Introduction of the figure on the back of the box.


Box open.


Box content.


Front view of the content.


With the tray cover removed.







A look at the figure and all her accessories on the tray.


Rear view of the content.




Closeups on the details.


The folded part list, and sticker set.



The part list. Similar list can be found in Hatsune Miku Absolute HMO Edition, but I didn't know Kirino is considered a release with high part count that requires such a list to be included. ^^


The sticker set meant for the paper bag, and two DVD and Blu-ray disc cases.




Despite the individual stickers' small size, their illustrations can be seen very clearly. Those who are more knowledgeable about the world of anime would be able to recognize all of them I believe. ^^


Size comparison between the sticker and a Malaysian 10-cent coin. ^^



A simple yellow background with white text for Kirino.


Straight-out-of-box Nendoroid Kirino.


Three parts for the standard Nendoroid display base.


(Left) Copyright information printed on the display base.
(Right) The completed base. ^^



Supported using the display base, Kirino can now be shown in a standing pose. ^^

A look at all of Kirino's accessories coming in the next posting. ^^

No comments: